Work, family, social occasions… are you struggling to find the time to train?
It is no secret that we need to exercise to improve our ability to drop body fat, lose weight and build a better body shape, but it does require time and most of you are time limited!
Having worked with hundreds of Indian clients in the last 5 years, I have developed a pathway to enable clients to achieve incredible transformations despite the limitations of time.
Here are 5 areas I work on with my clients, to ensure they achieve the best possible results in the shortest time.
- Set a clear goal! If you do not have the utmost clarity on what you are looking to achieve and your motivations to do so, training is the first thing to become ‘too difficult’ to achieve! Find clarity on your reason for beginning your journey and develop an approach that will work for you!
- Be realistic! If you are looking to change your body shape and lean up, do you need to train twice a day and eat like a bodybuilder? Take a look at your week, see where you have time to incorporate exercise (maybe an early morning session before work, before the stress of the day sets in and whilst your will power is at its peak, would be a good strategy for you).
- Follow a plan! It is easy to be distracted by the social gym goers! If you are Indian, you probably see the same Indian community in the gym everyday! Take control over your gym time! Start to monitor your rests in between sets, use antagonistic super sets (think lat pull down into a chest machine press) and set aside time to talk in your during your social hours!
- Maximise efficiency! Most of my clients will achieve incredible results in the first phase of training, by actually limiting the time they spend training to three sessions a week! Training body parts with increased frequency is a proven method to stimulate muscle growth, so utilising a full body workout three times a week is more than enough to see positive changes in your body!
- Incorporate activity in your life! Discover ways to incorporate physical activity into your daily life, whether it be through increased steps, enjoying sports or taking the family out each evening after work!
If you can incorporate this into your routine, you will be well on your way to losing body fat and developing the body shape you have always wanted. Don't get caught in the trap of becoming a slave to the gym as setting a plan you can follow in a year, 5 years and 10 years is more likely to be something you will commit and adhere to!