- Are you too busy to lose weight?
- Do you struggle to find time to eat healthily or fit in exercise?
- Is this starting to affect your health and confidence?
Sitting down in front of a desk all day or trying to run your own business can be extremely taxing mentally, physically and on the free time you have available. Add to this the desire to actually see your family, be around your children and the endless responsibilities we take on as Indian men and women and it suddenly becomes even more difficult to see an end to the vicious cycle.
Going to bed stressed out by everything you didn’t get to tick off the to do list, waking up tired and putting on clothes that don’t fit as well as they used to. Every day can begin to feel like you are on the back foot and making positive changes becomes more difficult. Eventually this will have an effect on your health, happiness and confidence, this may be something you have already experienced or a reality you are not willing to face just yet.
- What can you do today to break the cycle?
- Is there a simple way to integrate activity and healthier food choices into your diet?
- What is the most efficient way to make a positive change?
Whether my clients are working in a corporate job or running their own businesses, they all have one thing in common. They lack the time to make a difference to their body shape. Or at least that is what they tell themselves.
I have always held the belief that anybody can achieve incredible results, regardless of their situation or background. That is why I have constructed the 5 simple steps you can implement into your daily routine today, to change the way you look, feel and think!
1.Forget about the gym!
Probably not what you were expecting to hear. Think about your current daily routine, can you train every day? If not then do not apply this extra pressure to yourself! Find a way to increase your daily physical activity levels without impacting your schedule.
- Incorporate activity into your daily commute, if you drive, you could literally park your car a street away or at the furthest point of the car park and straight away your daily steps count will rise!
- This is one I love, standing desks! Not only are you going to increase your daily steps, but you will improve your posture and some studies suggest, you will enhance your productivity!
- Find a way to make this a competition! It is so much easier to commit when you are competing with a friend or family member! Start with an average weekly step count comparision, the loser has to donate to charity (not buy a beer… kind of goes against everything you’ve been working for)!
You probably think that eating out is what got you into this situation in the first place, but seriously it is not where you eat it’s the choices you make!
- Eat based on portion sizes! You can eat anywhere for your day to day lunch, business meetings or socially if you can commit to controlling your intake through applying my guide on portion sizes! This is available for free if you pop your email address into the form below (fortunately for you, there will be no spam, as I do not have the time to do things like that)!
- If you know self-control is not the easiest thing to come by, try this for an amazing technique used by one of my clients. He prepares his foods around 3 days in advance, this is not new… but he does not take any money to work with him… try buying food from the canteen, costa or the vending machine without cash! Seriously though, controlling your environment is key, if you know that the food available to you at work is not helping you work towards health and weight loss, prep foods to take with you, even if it’s just lunch!
- Find a food prep company to make your foods for you and deliver them to your home or work address. I often hear people worry about the cost per meal of this option, however, eating out is a hell of a lot more expensive and time consuming than having food delivered to your door! Time is money, and health is wealth, I think I may have just coined these phrases, maybe I will copyright them.
- I love ProteinHaus in London, incredibly tasty foods, available fresh every day and my clients have no problem sticking to a plan based on their expansive menu!
3.Continue to chase the money!
If you love working, and you get a thrill from the work you do, then don’t stop! I am talking about when you are in your 50’s and 60’s now, not the next 1-3 years. Can you see yourself doing what you are doing now in 10, 20 or 30 years? Longevity is the key to a successful career. Anyone can turn up, but if you turn up every day with low energy, poor mood and you are getting nowhere fast then you need to make some changes fast, because soon the interns or competition will surpass you.
- Look at your current mind-set, take a second to evaluate where your mind is concerning health. If you are ok with bumbling through the day that is fine, but if you are more concerned with productivity and optimising the time you spend at work to illicit spectacular results, then make some simple changes to your lifestyle today and reap the rewards.
- Take a long-term approach to everything you do. If you were to build a house you wouldn’t, scramble around looking for bricks and cement to build walls, you would plan, draw blueprints, build a foundation and develop the property piece by piece. The same applies to your weight loss journey, develop the foundations of lifestyle change, focus on your daily habits to begin with and then structure a plan around what you are capable of doing!
- Try not to do too much too soon. Habits die hard, so start with the easy things first. Increase daily steps, reduce refined or processed foods and limit alcohol intake by half. When you have achieved the small goals, move onto something a little more challenging.
4.Go out every weekend!
Sorry if this is misleading… I am not talking about hitting a few bars and staying out much later than you ought to. Figure out how to be more active over the weekend!
- If you are blessed with a family, make the most of their time. Go on a walk, go to the park, take them swimming, do anything to get away from the trap that is the sofa and TV!
- Get a step ahead of your friends in your physical activity competition! Go and find a nature walk that will take your steps through the roof!
- Find a hobby! I have just started gardening, maybe an odd hobby to take up at this time of the year, but I am going to start preparing a vegetable patch early on, not only does this get me moving, but it will get my son into growing and eating his own vegetables!
You don’t need the perfect plan to start your journey, you just need to start!
- How many of you procrastinate every single day, week or month? How many of you know you should start losing weight and improving your long term health, but keep saying it can wait until Monday or after this wedding or after that holiday?
- Just start! Start looking to making a positive change to how you look, feel and live! The best advice I can give to you is to download my free guide. It has all the essentials you need to make an impact in your journey!
- The results have been phenomenal from my free guide, here is what Hardeep had to say: